Preventive Dental Care
We recommend that you come in for a cleaning and check-up every six months so we can identify and prevent a variety of oral health problems. Each visit will be different as they are tailored to meet your specific dental needs, but generally they will include the following:
- Reviewing your concerns, dental chart and medical history to determine the most appropriate course of care for you.
- Screening for oral cancer, periodontal disease, gum disease, tooth decay, and TMJ.
- Diagnostic x-rays once a year, or as necessary.
- Cleaning your teeth to remove the plaque, tartar and bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease, then polishing them to smooth the surface and remove light stains.
- We recommend the application of a fluoride treatment in order to prevent tooth decay.